Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Country Music Half-marathon

This year a dear friend of ours ran the half-marathon. I was lucky enough to be able to get up and go cheer her on at the crack of dawn. We had such a fun adventure trying to get to see her at different points. Let me just say that it was not jean weather. I got so hot. :) But I had fun hanging with my little brother and my parents. (The other boys stayed safely at home in bed :)) 
At the start of the race! 

There was a TON of people there!

A video of the crowds

Me trying to be normal and Mark being crazy

Marmee and Popsicle 
There were these people and they handed out free frozen yogurt with fruit and granola! Yay for free breakfast!

About to start!

It has become the tradition every year while someone is running the marathon we get doughnuts. I felt so fat standing next to a bunch of hard-core runners eating a doughnut! :)

*inside joke* Hey Anna, I've got the glaze... now where is Groban?

*nom nom* oh these are so horribly delicious!

Feeling evil eating my doughnut for some reason.

Aren't all the doughnuts fat free and calorie free because it is their 75th year?... right?

Mark looking very stylish.

There was a juggler guy who juggled the whole way!

Posing during the race

We stopped at an interesting coffee joint to get mom some coffee and dad a sandwich. 

The people at the end of the race all had hula-hoops.

Mom's coffee.

Me in the car with the wind blowing like crazy.

Mark om the car with the wind blowing like crazy

FINISHIED! Woot woot!

We are so proud of you Mrs. Parker!

Posing with the Nashville skyline.

Mrs. Parker took Mark and I to get coffee in the afternoon. This coffee would go great with Peeta's iced cakes.

COFFEEEEEEE
Anyways, we had an awesome day full  of running around, sweating and horrible for you foods. BTW, the lady who ran is the mother of an awesome family we know... and there name also happens to be Parker. Confusing I know. :) And I have decided I am AWFUL at coming up with captions for my pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. Caramel Frappe??? No fair!

    I love ya anyways :D And yes- Krispy Kreme has gone zero calorie and fat free in honor of their 75th Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete